We're pleased to offer the following services at Buxton Veterinary Hospital
Our receptionists and team attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted by appointment, or schedule permitting as a walk-in. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, if possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 6 days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Our team always consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such as snail bait poisoning, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment please call immediately.
We are also available by appointment for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening. If you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment please contact one of the emergency centers listed below.
- Powers Pet Emergency at (719) 473-0482 Open 24 hours
- Animal Emergency Care Center at (719) 261-7141 Open nights and weekends
At Buxton Veterinary Hospital, we can care for many types of pets:
- Small pocket pets for simple nail trims, teeth trims, and beak trims
Call us for more information.
Buxton Veterinary Hospital offers discounted services to senior citizens and local area rescue groups. Pre-approval is required to qualify for the rescue group discounts, please call us for more information.
- Routine medical and surgical care for small animals
- Dental care, including cleaning
- X-rays and treatment of problem areas
- Hip evaluation, including OFA and PennHip assessment
- Canine reproductive medicine